03 August 2010

access to online groups


I did not receive the invite to the yahoo group so [someone else] shared hers with me. I am not sure how this works in terms of Yahoo Groups since I clicked on her link and was able to sign up. As the moderator do you have a list of who was invited and who responded? If you do have such a list, am I signed up as [her] or was I able to join the group as me. The fact that I was able to click on the link on [her] invite and join the group demonstrated that others who did not receive an invite can join a group if someone in the group forwards an invitation?

These types of details on how the technology functions would be important if one was trying to establish a closed clinical group. Let me know what you see as moderator.

All members can access the list of who's joined:



http://groups.yahoo.com/group/medinfo_socmed/members

I set up this list as:

Membership Type: Open (anyone can join)

so it might be because of that that you were able to join using her link. You wouldn't want to make a closed clinical group open. :-)

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment